CLICK ON HEADINGS (AND DROP DOWN TABS) FOR MORE INFORMATION
AAUW of New Jersey, a state-level organization of AAUW, recently celebrated 88 years (1927 – 2015). In addition to several statewide events, local branches actively further national and community goals and capitalize on their networking opportunities. AAUW Members often choose to belong to one or more local branches. Joining one of the local branches includes membership in the AAUW of New Jersey state organization. Individuals who do not wish to join a local branch can join by selecting “Garden State Branch” (our virtual Branch), when joining AAUW.
We communicate with our members via our website, including the “New & Events” page, our Presidents Message Page, and our “Special Projects” Pages. We also connect with others on Facebook and via Constant Contact emails. Please join a local NJ branch or the Garden State (Virtual) Branch and our mailing list, in order to receive emails. Our NJ state publication, The Garden Statement, which reported regularly on AAUW-NJ participation in public policy, the Educational Opportunities Fund, the Legal Advocacy Fund, and state and local issues, has been retired, being replaced with the other methods of communication.
AAUW NJ Highlights include:
- Raising more than $100,000 annually for the Foundation and the Legal Advocacy Fund
- Scholarships awards to New Jersey women
- Advisors to the State Department of Education on gender bias and equity issue
- Working in coalition on state issues affecting women and girls
- Lobbies for formation and continuance of county commissions on women and for economic equity
- Sponsor of voter registration drives and candidate forums
- Community projects for literacy, pre-school ed., child care, and nutrition for pregnant teenagers
- Initiate and monitor state legislation, like the New Jersey Council on Environmental Quality
We have many Inter-Branch events and collaborative efforts.
Visit our “News & Events” Page for information.
Save the Date!
AAUW of New Jersey Fall Focus
October 17, 2015