Click on Headings (and sub-headings) or use the Sidebar for quick LINKS!
April 7-8, 2019
Please visit our “Special Projects” Pages
AAUW of New Jersey, a state-level organization of AAUW, founded in 1927, sponsors statewide events. Local branches actively further national and community goals and capitalize on their networking opportunities. AAUW Members often choose to belong to one or more local branches. Joining one of the local branches includes membership in the AAUW of New Jersey state organization. Individuals who do not wish to join a local branch can join by selecting “Garden State Branch” (our virtual Branch), when joining AAUW.
Please join a local NJ branch or the Garden State (Virtual) Branch and our mailing list, in order to receive emails.
We communicate with our members via the Presidents Message, AAUW NJ News, NJ Events, “Special Projects”, and Public Policy pages. We also connect with others on Facebook and via Constant Contact emails.
Our NJ state publication, The Garden Statement, which reported regularly on AAUW-NJ participation in public policy, the Educational Opportunities Fund, the Legal Advocacy Fund, and state and local issues, has been retired, being replaced with the other methods of communication.
AAUW of New Jersey has established The AAUW NJ Charitable Trust, which supports branches across the state, as they work to advance equity and to promote educational opportunities for women and girls. Donations to the Charitable Trust come from bequests and from individuals, AAUW branches, businesses and institutions. Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Donations to the Charitable Trust can now be made online!
Since we support AAUW National’s mission, we have web pages that share highlights of the volumes of materials available, under the National tab, including AAUW in the News, Leadership, Economic Security, STEM, and Title IX
AAUW NJ Highlights include:
- Raising more than $100,000 annually for the Foundation and the Legal Advocacy Fund
- Scholarships awards to New Jersey women
- Advisors to the State Department of Education on gender bias and equity issue
- Working in coalition on state issues affecting women and girls
- Lobbies for formation and continuance of county commissions on women and for economic equity
- Sponsor of voter registration drives and candidate forums
- Community projects for literacy, pre-school ed., child care, and nutrition for pregnant teenagers
- Initiate and monitor state legislation, like the New Jersey Council on Environmental Quality
For general inquiries, please email us. For specific inquiries, please contact our State Leadership contacts.
We have many Inter-Branch events and collaborative efforts.
See our “NJ Events” Page!